17 Mile Brownies
Surreal Ambassador Ola shared this healthy brownie recipe made with Surreal's 17 Mile Porter! Ola is a huge advocate for healthy living and a professional volleyball player. She recently told us that one of her goals is:
"to inspire others and show that making just small changes in one's lifestyle can have long-lasting benefits."
To learn more about Ola visit our Surreal Tribe page.
Try this recipe yourself. We'd love to see your brownie photos!
- 1/3 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (74g) 17 Mile Porter
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup (150g) bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- Optional addition (almond butter and raspberries).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add the sugar and coconut oil to a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium well until combined. Slowly add the oil and vanilla, beating on high until the mixture resembles frosting.
- Add the baking soda and vinegar, beat again until well combined.
- Stir in the 17 Mile Porter.
- In a mixing bowl stir together cocoa powder, flour, cornstarch, salt, and espresso powder.
- Gentle stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Add in an even layer to a greased 8 X 8 pan. Press flat.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
- Spread with almond butter and sprinkle with raspberries (optional).